We've added a new map, and started improving Minas Tirith!
Well.. That's unexpected. Last week I told you all this would be the last big update until the summer, but guess what, that didn't turn out to be true. Enjoy another big update, with a new map and a big change for an already available map.
Improved Minas Tirith
Although Minas Tirith has been added for a while, it's been a very much less developed version than we had on EW v1. No working siege towers, ugly plains, no rams, and many other improvements were needed. We have started on this improving, and while we're not done yet, we've already got a lot of changes for you.
These are the things we've already finished:
- Trolls/Archers don't spawn in Siege Towers
- Siege Towers appear after 7 minutes in the game
- Haradrim arrive after 10 minutes in the game, with a custom horn sound
- Haradrim at the Main Gate now spawn on Mumakil
- Gandalf will say things to give players hints of where to go (Siege Towers! To the walls!)
- Fields have been improved with a road, less Mumakil, catapults, and craters. It is also more barren (desert) grass.
- The Main Gate has been improved visually, with better battlements and some very needed tunnels.
Rams and a better Main Gate with Grond are next on the list for improving Minas Tirith, so stay tuned!
Added Minas Morgul
Minas Morgul has been one of the most requested maps since we went to EW v2. It has now finally been added.
Although the map is fully functional, some features (like the ram at the main gate), are not yet fully implemented.
The map also may be a bit unbalanced, but this will be improved over the coming days while testing.
And there we go, another big update. I can't promise when we'll release the next update, but you should definitely stay tuned :)