The Christmas Season has begun!
With the beginning of Advent, our staff team have begun to get underway with preparing for Christmas on EmpireWar! This has started with the addition of new Christmas Lobbies, created by LimeFox - an Artist on our Build Server EpicQuestz. They are customised for every map, and have a new parkour which we will be adding to soon.
We have a fair few fun things planned for Christmas, including a giveaway of a donor class and points on the 24th of December (more on that to come soon) and a double point booster in the christmas week. The staff will also be running events on the event server, and possibly updating a map or two with a christmassy theme.
Other Miscellaneous Updates
A lot has happened since our last non-anniversary update (including the adding of Erebor, but that was a long time ago!) Here is a summary of our more recent developments:
Major updates to the gates of Minas Tirith, notably:
- Adding a gate to last level and updating the tunnel up to the White Tree.
- Completely changing the 5th level gate.
- Small adjustments on 4th level gate.
- More to be updated in the near future.
Other/Behind the scenes:
- StealWonders has updated the point code to allow boosters, which might be coming to the store in the future.
- We have reformed the rules, refamiliarise yourself with them here.
- Updated /settings.
- Altered the resource pack to be more bare-bones, so you can use your own textures.
- The previous version is still availible for download here, and I will be working on a more updated version with more of the old textures in.
- Updated food (now gives less regen).
- Disabled healer for Troll.
Recent Bug Fixes (since November):
- Fixed being able to put out fires on Morgul.
- Fixed headgear being broken after 1.12.2 update.
- Fixed various classes having incorrect kit lists with left click.
- Removed 'defend the core' from the MOTD.
- We realise that there are quite a few active bugs still, and these are being worked on.
- Be sure to report any bugs you find, and remember that abuse could result in a ban!
As a staff team, we realise more than anyone else the problems the lag spikes are causing. StealWonders is trying his hardest to get to the bottom of it. Whilst the issue is being worked on, Spectator has been removed as we have reason to believe that players flying miles between maps causes substantial lag. We hope you bear with us on this!
Future & Additional:
In the coming weeks, we plan on adding more classes including a new donor pack. We are aiming for fun new featues with these classes, such as traps or throwing knives. If you have any fun ideas to suggest, be sure to post a reply to this thread.
Also, be sure to welcome our newest member of staff, Dr_olex! If you haven't seen him around, make sure you say hello.
Be sure to join in with our Christmas celebrations!