The Inner Gondor update has been officially released!
After months of waiting, here it is. The first of our upcoming three big updates. The Inner Gondor update. This update brings you one new map, a completely revamped map, balance changes, new lobbies, and much more!
New map: Lossarnach!
We have released a new map: Lossarnach. This is a map where the Corsairs of Umbar are attacking a keep in northern Lossarnach. The keep is well defended by mountainous terrain, with only ships being a possible entry way. Sadly for them, the corsairs are known for just those.
- 5 Flags (Village, Passage, Overview, Castle, and Forlond's Keep)
- 3 New Classes (Corsair Captain, Lossarnach Axeman, Corsair Crossbow)
- 2 Ballistas. These can be controlled by any team and are aimed at the Village flag.
- Usable boats! Time for some water action!
This map was originally started by Gelek and Only_God, but was never finished. This week, I finished the map and turned it into a siege map, with a big help of many builders of the EpicQuestz server.
Minas Tirith revamped
We have also compeltely redone most of Minas Tirith. These changes will make the map more like v1 and will also make it more accurate to the movies.
- Added moving siege towers
- Added Grond
- Added battle at the main gate courtyard (No matter what comes through that gate you will stand your ground!)
- Rebalanced second gate
- Completely redone fourth gate
- Completely redone fifth gate
- Completely redone Tree of Gondor and Citadel
- Gondor archers now have white armour
- Readded NazGul for staff member use only. Purely for atmostpheric effect.
- Generally updated all paths and improved looks of the city
- Troll is no longer a point class on this map
- Game now starts with 15 minutes base time, and for every flag taken, gets an extra couple of minutes (5-10, depends on flag)
- You can no longer brace gates before the battle actually gets there, just as you can't bash them early.
A massive thank you to the_pharaohs_cat for all his work on Minas Tirith, and LimeeFox for his help building the Citadel.
Class balance update
Once again, we have also gone over all existing classes to see which needed a slight buff or nerf. After discussing this with some of the more major players, we have published the following changes today.
- Buffed by changing leggings from chainmail to iron
- Buffed by giving and restocking 6 wood instead of 4
- Buffed by making warg now regenerate twice as fast
- Slightly nerfed damage by removing strength and adding sharpness (2 normal, 5 voter)
- Buffed by increasing arrow damage by 15%
- Buffed by making horse regenerate twice as fast
- Buffed by making thrown axes deal +15% damage
- Nerfed by removing knockback
- Nerfed by making bonus regeneration much slower (0.5 heart per 5 seconds instead of 2.5 seconds)
- Buffed by giving leggings +1 protection
These balance changes should make the server a lot more fair, especially for non-donators. Don't worry if you still think it's not fair, more balance changes are coming in the coming weeks.
New Main Lobby
We have also added a new Main Lobby! This lobby is much bigger and has a few new features that will definitely make the lobby more fun to hang around. Now that it's bigger, it also works much better with many people online.
- Added hall of fame with top scores
- Added a drawing of each map above the team selection screen
- Added a donator lounge with jump pads, where donators can sit and run around
- Added a new parkour
This lobby was created almost entirely by LimeeFox. Massive thanks to him for his amazing work.
Bug fixes and smaller changes
- Banned players no longer show up on the leaderboard
- Fixed issues with tutorial bugging for new players
- The daily bonus chest now updates at midnight
- Readded ladder drop on death
- Slightly rebalanced Helm's Deep Keep
- You can no longer prebrace Helm's Deep
And that's it for the Inner Gondor update. We hope you will enjoy trying out the new map and changes, and make sure to stay tuned for the Rhovanion update coming in aproximately a month.
If you have any questions, or want to discuss this update, use this forum thread.