We have released the Rhovanion Update!
After a month of waiting for it, we have finally released our new update.
This update brings two new maps, two map revamps, a new donator pack, and an event map.
This update, we wanted to make sure Erebor and Laketown are improved as much as possible.
We did this by adding some features from EW v1, but also by adding some new features and classes.
- Added a short opening battle outside of the gates
- Added functional catapults to the gate
- Catapults can break some weak places of the walls, look for cracks!
- Removed one of the two gates and passages from the Gallery to the Forges
- Improved the other passage to the Forges
- Moved and changed Forges flag
- Completely updated Throne Room
- Moved and changed Treasury flag
- Added Rhun Warlord point class
- Added Longbeard and Dol Guldur Captain (donator pack)
- Removed Gundabad Orc and Axethrower (donator pack)
- Removed Mercenary from this map
- Removed Treasury windlass
- Improved Orc lobby
- Rebalanced all spawns
- Removed some ice at the gate to prevent easy ways around
- Added Fisherman point class
- Added Dale Longbowman and Dol Guldur Captain (donator pack)
- Laketown Swordsmaster improved
- Town Guard armour improved
- Improved Orc lobby
- Rebalanced all spawns
New map: Dale
The first of the new maps is: Dale. This is a map where during the War of the Rings where Orcs and Easterlings attacked and besieged the rebuilt city of Dale. Dwarves and men defended this city, with a little support of the Elves from Mirkwood.
- 6 Flags (Statue, Great Hall, Park, Market, Garden, and Rich District)
- 4 New Classes (Elven Soldiers, Dale Longbowman [pack], Rhun Warlord, Easterling Prince [pack])
- 4 Bashable Gates
This map was originally started by thebeserker, Antzorg, Tobberz and Dr_Olex. They changed the original Dale version and planned the map. It was later changed and balanced by me before release.
New map: Thorin's Halls
At first, this update was only going to have one new map. Eventually, I decided to start an entirely new type of map. This map, Thorin's Halls, is a payload style battle where you have to escort a gold cart from the mines to the Dwarven Fortress. Goblins will be assaulting you constantly, and you have to defend the cart!
The spawn wool on this map is always the same, but it moves on the minimap. Spawns move forward (or backwards) constantly with the cart. This is an ideal map for archers, but also has a lot of great points to take over for a strategical advantage, such as Engineer Turrets.
While this map was created and built mostly by me, miho47dwa and LimeeFox deserve a shout-out for helping build and plan some parts of the map.
It's been a while since we've added a new donator item to the store, so we figured it was about time that we finally introduce something new. The Rhovanion Package contains classes for Erebor, Laketown and Dale. It has a total of 4 classes:
- Dale Longbowman: Coloured archer with slowness 2 and a bow with much greater range
- Longbeard: High armour soldier with a medium damage mace
- Easterling Prince: Fast soldier with 5 throwing knives that work similar to Axethrower
- Dol Guldur Captain: Slow high armour tank with a weak bow and 8 arrows
In addition to this, I have also completely revamped the store. It should be much nicer and clearer now.
You might have noticed that Erebor is now part of the Rhovanion Pack. Moria pack users might be frustrated that they no longer have their classes on this map. Keep in mind that Moria pack users now have these classes on the new Thorin's Halls map.
Other changes and fixes
As always, there are also a couple other changes and fixes. This time, there are not a lot of them, but some are very important.
- Wood breaking now happens faster without switching to an axe
- Code optimizations that should once again reduce lag
- Anti-Cheat updates that will improve movement and reduce hit detection bugs
- Staff can now start a game of the old Moria Gold (CTF) map when many players want to and they feel like it
- Halberd now gets projectile protection 3 instead of 4
- Halberd now gets 15% extra arrow resistance instead of 25%
- Medic now heals Halberd with regeneration 1 instead of 3
- Medic now heals Half-Troll with regeneration 1 instead of not being able to
- Axethrower now gets sharpness on their axes again
- Fixed some issues with MVP, more issues being worked on..
- Fixed restock making people temporarily invincible to fall damage
- Fixed Helm's Deep Wall being blown up by clicking iron bars at the gate
- Fixed not going back to full food level when switching away from Vale Archer
- Fixed teammates being able to hit your horses or wargs
- Fixed berserkers still having TNT and firework effect after the wall blows up
- Fixed berserkers still having firework effect while they're dead
- Fixed Aragorn spamming that Berserkers are coming when multiple come at once
- Fixed being able to take fireworks into the game by selecting team while using them
Edit: Quick balance fixes!
After a couple days of testing the update, we came to the conclusion that some classes needed some fixed balancing. These classes have been balanced today, so you don't have to wait for the next balance update.
- Nerfed Rhun Warlord chestplate (protection 2 to protection 1)
- Removed Sharpness 1 from Longbeard mace
- Nerfed Throwing Axe damage from 4.5 to 4.1
- Nerfed Throwing Knife damage from 4.5 to 4.1
- Nerfed Corsair Captain leggings (chain to leather)
- Buffed Corsiar Captain boots (leather to chain)
And there we are. Another big update released. Hopefully this update will keep everyone entertained for a while. As for me, I'm going to take a little break from coding, and will instead be playing the game for once.
If you have any questions, or want to discuss this announcement, use this forum thread.