We have released the Mordor Update!
We have finally released the next big update, the Mordor Update. Two new maps, a new donator pack, and many other changes! The wait has been long, but has certainly been worth it!
New map: Edhellond
The first new maps is: Edhellond. This is a new Gondorian fortress that was never seen on this server before! It is attacked by a fleet of Corsairs that Gondor must push out and defend against for as long as possible.
- 8 Flags (Main Gate, 1st Level, 2nd Level, 3rd Level, Market, 4th Level, Silvan Square, and Citadel)
- 4 New Classes (Gondorian Archer, Ithilien Archer, Umbar Raider, Umbar Pyro [pack])
- 5 Bashable Gates
This map project was lead by LimeeFox, who had help from dozens of EpicQuestz builders.
New map: Black Gate
The second new maps is: The Black Gate. This is a completely new map, entirely unlike the old Black Gate on v1. Gondor besieges the Black Gate and pushes into Mordor while fighting large hordes of orcs.
- 11 Flags (Morannon, Mines, Tunnel, Tent, Chasm, Bridge, Warg Pits, High Crossing, Camp, Valley, and Fortress)
- 2 New Classes (Warg Tamer, Gondor Captain [pack], Uruk Maceman [pack])
- Working cinematic Siege Tower opening!
This map was originally lead by thebeserker, who had help from dozens of EpicQuestz builders.
With all the new Gondor/Mordor maps, we decided it wouldn't fit to have them all in one package. We have now created a new Mordor package so we could split up the maps. This means that the Gondor pack has some changes as well. Donations have been very low recently, so more money would be welcome to keep the server running!
- Half-Troll: Very tanky melee class
- Uruk Maceman: Melee class with a new mace that can be used to knock people out
- Gondor Fieldmedic: New medic class that can place cakes that heal people
- Gondor Captain: Melee class with a new mace that can be used to knock people out
- Citadel Guard: Also on Edhellond now
- Executioner: Only on Minas Tirith now
- Vale Archer: Moved to Lossarnach
- Umbar Pyro: New archer with less armor and stronger melee, and the ability to light arrows on fire
We've done our best to keep the Gondor Pack at least the same worth as before, if not more, for the people who already bought it. The amount of classes and maps is the same, so this hopefully isn't a problem for anyone.
Lag fixes, 1.13, staff changes, bug fixes, and much more!
There are also a lot of different changes that we have applied over the months.
Lag mostly gone
Now, I know I've said it many times, but this time, there's truly a difference. We've finally fixed most of the lag! There is still a bit of lag left, and we'll continue to optimize, but it should be a very noticable difference in game.
Polarnik has been promoted from Pre-Mod to Moderator, because he has shown his worth during the trial period.
Arakrsptec has been demoted, because he has simply been way too inactive.
Map cycle changes
We have temporarily removed Minas Morgul from the map cycle for being generally disliked. We have also readded Moria Gold, because a lot of players missed it.
Assists on Empire War have always been kind of weird. We have rewritten the code so it's now more fair. You will always get an assist if you dealt 4 hearts or more to a player (unless when he fully heals). This will stop people from just getting assists for one hits, and also allows you to get multiple assists at once.
We have also updated our plugins to allow 1.13 players to join. There are still some visual glitches when using 1.13, so we still advise using 1.12.2, but at least it's now possible to join using 1.13.
Changes, balancing, and fixe
And finally, we also have a couple small changes and fixes for you.
- You now have steak as food instead of retextured chicken
- Belltower flag on laketown changes, as well as other laketown spawns
- Added /nextmap for when a lot of people want to skip a map
- Made /suicide accessable for non-donators for 10 points
- Added Ithilien Ranger to Osgiliath
- Trolls can no longer be used when less than 7 players are playing
- Daily point bonus now has streaks that lead to a big bonus!
- The tutorial is now optional for new players, instead of them starting in it
- NoCheat has been changed drastically to allow for less rubberbanding
- Gondorian Archer has been added to Osgiliath and Minas Tirith
- Fixed bracing wood giving you points even after you switched
- Fixed Rhun Warlord having incorrect description
- Fixed Corsair Captain picking up axe deleting offhand item
- Fixed Morgul incorrect lobby banners
- Fixed Dale Longbowman restocking 16 arrows
- Fixed Dale Longbowman picking up 16 arrows
- Fixed breakable wood blocks in Osgiliath
- Fixed Laketown spectator sign not teleporting you to the map
- Fixed armor stands missing in tutorial
- Fixed players walking to tutorial by escaping maps
- Fixed completing tutorial not giving donator firework
- Fixed using firework and then selecting team giving weird exp bar effect
- Fixed rams using dead players
- Fixed axethrower and knifethrower throwing weapon when toggling wooden doors
- Fixed daily reward sometimes not working
- Fixed weird trees on Tirith
- Fixed being able to escape Lossarnach
- Fixed broken pattern in Forges on Erebor
- Fixed weird Forges spawn
- Fixed broken constructor and ladderer descriptions
- Fixed misplaced banner in Erebor lobby
- Fixed bad armour stands all over
- Fixed morgul gates being unrepaired when tirith flags are capped
- Fixed Axethrower/Knifethrower throwing weapons when changing catapult settings
- Fixed donor firework not appearing for players who got kicked for being AFK
- Fixed wrong banner on dwarf maps
And there we are, finally. Another big update released. Hopefully this update will bring the server back alive, and will keep everyone happy until the next update comes around.
If you have any questions, or want to discuss this announcement, use this forum thread.